And the show is back on the road…

The yarn arrived in the mail today!


The colors are right, so no issue there.

And I have already started

I am so glad to FINALLY start on this thing.

In other news, I am logging the time it takes me to knit on this blanket, so next time someone asks “How long did it take you?”, I won’t have to guess. So far, it’s been about 3 hours, so I’ve been making good time.

I’m done!

I finally finished it! Well…I finished knitting. I still have to fix the mistakes, iron it, and sew the back on.

Here are the pictures:


Finished goomba and bricks


The crazy back


Size comparison to me. I’m 5’1″ and the blanket covers all of me but my head. It’s 50 inches wide.
The expression on my face is really creepy, hahaha!

There it is! It’s pretty heavy. It weighs in at 1.2 pounds.

If you like it, please share it with your friends!

“The end of February”; About that…

I didn’t meet my goal. Today’s the last day of February, and I’ve still got seven rows to go 😦

I will be done by this weekend. I will make myself.

Here is a picture of my project at the end of the day:

Announcing… My next project!

Since I am only 14 rows from finishing the blanket I am making, I figured I can reveal what I’ll be working on next.

Here it is!

It is the secret area scene in level 2!

This is a real scene from the game.

What do you think?

(I apologize for the temporary unavailability. Tinypic is stupid and moves my pictures.)

(Almost) Finished!

I have EVERY thing done except the bricks on the bottom : DD
I have only 19 rows to go on the bricks… then I’m finished!

Here are some pictures:



I have some corrections to make on the pipe.


Full view! Size compared to my cat, Stinky, in the corner up there.

Feb. 16 Update

It’s been a while since I’ve updated. I’ve made quite a lot of progress. I have only 8 rows to go before I get to the final brick pattern on the bottom.

Here is the pipe as of  yesterday:

Here is the spiky dude:

It’s almost done : D

Here is the second half of the bush:

And that is all, because I’m watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

More Progress… And More Frustration

I have made a lot of progress on the bush, the spiky guy, and the goomba. It’s looking great. There’s on problem, though…

I have to unravel four rows!

The worst part about it is that I have to unravel those four rows for ten stupid little stitches. Just ten. I accidentally knitted instead of purled on ten stitches, and the only way to fix it is to unravel it. This is obviously going to take some of my time, but I still plan to have it done by the end of February.

Here is a picture of the stupid mistake:

It’s pretty hard to see, because I have to use a point-and-shoot camera.
But, yes, I have to undo four rows for THAT.

Here are the photos of how it looked before I started unraveling:

Gege Crochet Supah Coo’ Mario Blanket

Some of you may have seen this awesome blanket by Gege Crochet. It is actually what inspired me to knit my blanket, for the most part. If you haven’t seen it, you need to.

There are multiple posts about the blanket, but I’ll link you to Part 1

Got it!

I finally have the yarn I need for the goomba. “Carrot” by Red Heart Super Saver. I also managed to draw the chart of the goomba on graph paper, after about 6 or 7 attempts.

Here is a picture of the yarn and the chart:

Progress can continue!